Quote of the Week.....

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"
Winston Churchill






Tuesday 16 June 2009

The Dawn Bibby Residential Weekend - the review

What a weekend?

Like the rest of the team I am shattered, I can't believe how fast the weekend has gone!
Ewan and I came back from holiday Thursday afternoon, and it was right into prep work until midnight, then prep all day Friday, meet and greet Friday night, classes all day Saturday, Party night Saturday night, Technique day all day Sunday.
Phew!
The things we do for the love of craft!

Anyway On Saturday I was teaching a fantastic bunch of ladies, Victoria, Sylvie, Amanda (aka Baby Giraffe) Felicity, Judy, Barbara, Marjorie, Helen, and Sue.

We all worked really hard, and has so much fun!

These events are great for meeting so many lovely new people.

Shout out to the FAB people on mine and Lindsay's dinner table on Saturday evening, and I am still convinced we were cheated out of a win in the quiz!

Thank you for my little Manx cat badge and pen, I am in the process of persuading Ewan to take a nice trip over to the Isle of Mann!!

Sunday was fun too, I was teaching my pretty distress card, this time I was on a table and people came to me, the set out on Sunday was great, each tutor was set up to teach our own designed card.


Here are some photo's from the weekend!

Me and "Baby G" having a great time Saturday night!

Love Sarah xxx

3 comments:

Mr and Mrs Flytyer said...

Hi Sarah
What a shame you have had such an unpleasant experience, we hope you will soon feel not so shattered and shaken.
We enjoyed the company of yourself and Lyndsay last Saturday night, you were such fun - thank you.
We are now on our flyfishing holiday in Islay, I thought I would have had some time for crafting - but no, I will have to wait until I get home next week!!!

lillibean said...

Hi Sarah,

So sorry to hear about the burglary, and after such a lovely weekend too. I hope that they did not cause too much damage in the process. So long as you & the family are ok, other things can be replaced.

Just like to add my THANKS to you for a lovely weekend in lovely company. It was good fun on Saturday night, & we DID win the quiz, but hey ho, theres no accounting for judges is there!!!

I was delighted to hear that you are enjoying wearing your Manx Cat with pride & will keep in touch. If you do manage to visit our Island paradise, I know the girls (& the flytyer!) would love to meet up with you again.

Love
Wendy.

Gibmiss said...

hi sarah
hope you are ok hopefully gong on dawns retreat in Nov hope you will be there, have sent you an email did you get it
hugs sylviexxx